Wednesday, November 2, 2016

MOVIE REVIEW: Zutto Mae Kara Suki Deshita: Kokuhaku Jikkou Iinkai


Zutto Mae Kara Suki Deshita: Kokuhaku Jikkou Iinkai
Alternate Title: I've Always Liked You
Duration: 1 hr and 30 mins
Genre: Romance, School

Summary

Natsuki Enomoto, a third-year student at Sakuragaoka High School, has feelings of unrequited love for her childhood friend, Yuu Setoguchi. Unable to be true to her own feelings, Natsuki tells Yuu that she is merely using him as a stand-in to practice confessing her love to. As Natsuki continues to pretend not having any feelings for Yuu, her classmate Koyuki Ayase asks her out on a date. Will Natsuki ever be able to stop “practicing” and actually confess her love to Yuu?

(Source: Aniplex USA)

Review

I’ve been wanting to watch this for quite a long time now. I got addicted to Honeyworks a few months back but English subs for this movie still wasn’t available then. I forgot about the movie and only remembered watching it because one of my Facebook friends, Vianna, mentioned it on her recent Facebook status. So yey! Finally got the chance to watch it.

The story was about a set of high school friends that were secretly in love with each other.

This movie was cute. Yes, cute. It’s not something spectacular since you probably watched this kind of plot mostly on other animes but if you’re looking for something that has doki doki / fuwa fuwa feels, you’ll definitely like this. I’m a sucker for pure (lol) kind of romance lately so this was a good watch for me. The movie got its own charm despite the cliche plot. Animation was great, too! The art was aesthetically pleasing. And I’m so digging their seiyuu choice! Kaji Yuuki and Kamiya Hiroshi are like one of my favorite male seiyuus so that was totally a bonus point!

Overall, this a good watch if you want to pass time. And oh! I forgot to mention about the soundtrack! I’m loving Byoumei Koi Wazurai these days. It’s so cute and catchy.

Rating: 4/5

Watch Zutto Mae Kara Suki Deshita HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment